A few of Bob’s Legislative Accomplishments
1. SB24 (Act 250 of 2021) CONCERNING THE DEFENSE OF A PERSON WITH THE USE OF PHYSICAL FORCE OR DEADLY PHYSICAL FORCE.
To enact “Stand Your Ground” in Arkansas so that victims of a crime do not have to retreat before using self-defense.
2. SB59 (Act 872 of 2021) TO BE KNOWN AS THE "INTRASTATE FIREARMS PROTECTION ACT"; AND TO PREVENT THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT FROM REGULATING THE MANUFACTURE, ASSEMBLY, AND TRADE OF FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION WITHIN THE BORDERS OF ARKANSAS.
To prohibit state resources from being utilized to enforce the Biden administrations restrictive federal gun policies.
3. SB65 (Act 639 of 2021) TO AMEND ARKANSAS LAW REGARDING STATE EMISSION PLANS FOR FOSSIL-FUEL-FIRED ELECTRIC GENERATING UNITS.
To provide a tool to push back on the Biden Administrations onerous federal energy polices to keep utility rates as low as possible for Arkansans.
4. SB334 (Act 945 of 2021) TO AMEND THE LAW CONCERNING THE USE OF EMINENT DOMAIN BY A STATE AGENCY; AND TO ADD NEW DEFINITIONS UNDER EMINENT DOMAIN.
To provide Arkansans protections from having their property taken for economic reasons.
5. SB357 (Act 433 of 2021) REPEALING A STATUTE PROHIBITING THE POSSESSION OF A FIREARM IN CERTAIN LOCATIONS; AND MAKING TECHNICAL CORRECTIONS.
To prevent individuals from being arrested or harassed for carrying in random regions of our state.
6. SB389 (Act 552 of 2021) TO REQUIRE A PUBLIC SCHOOL TO PROVIDE TO PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS PRIOR WRITTEN NOTIFICATION OF AND AN OPPORTUNITY TO INSPECT MATERIALS RELATED TO SEX EDUCATION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AND GENDER IDENTITY.
To empower parents in the education of their children when it comes to sensitive or inappropriate content.
7. SB416 (Act 438 of 2021) TO AMEND THE MUNICIPAL AID FUND TO DISTRIBUTE MUNICIPAL AID TO NEWLY INCORPORATED MUNICIPALITIES; AND TO DECLARE AN EMERGENCY.
To allow Holiday Island, a community in my district, to obtain its turn back money from the state.
8. SB573 (Act 1024 of 2021) CONCERNING PLACES WHERE A PERSON MAY POSSESS AND CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN WITH A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN.
To prohibit liberal cities from arbitrarily limiting the carrying of a firearm for self- defense.
9. SB588 (Act 641 of 2021) TO AUTHORIZE UTILITIES TO RECOVER THE COST OF RESTORATION OF DAMAGES AND EXTRAORDINARY NATURAL GAS, FUEL, OR PURCHASED POWER COSTS CAUSED BY STORMS THROUGH SECURITIZATION; AND TO DECLARE AN EMERGENCY.
To allow gas utility providers to keep their rates lower after the big winter freeze of 2021.
10. SB689 (Act 903 of 2021) TO AMEND ARKANSAS LAW TO ALLOW A MUNICIPAL ELECTRIC UTILITY TO FINANCE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH STORMS AND RELATED PERILS; AND TO DECLARE AN EMERGENCY.
To allow electric municipal utility providers to keep their rates lower after the big winter freeze of 2021.
11. SB156 (Act 184 of 2019) TO ESTABLISH THE FORMING OPEN AND ROBUST UNIVERSITY MINDS (FORUM) ACT.
To protect the freedom of speech on college campuses.
12. SB197 (Act 472 of 2019) TO CLARIFY THE SCOPE IN WHICH A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER MAY CARRY AN OPEN OR CONCEALED HANDGUN BOTH WHILE ON DUTY AND OFF DUTY; AND TO DECLARE AN EMERGENCY.
To keep law enforcement officers from being disarmed by liberal college professors.
13. SB392 (Act 728 of 2-19) TO REPEAL THE EXEMPTION TO CERTAIN LAWS FOR SCHOOL DISTRICTS THAT RECOGNIZE IN THEIR POLICIES ORGANIZATIONS THAT REPRESENT TEACHERS IN THE SCHOOL DISTRICT FOR THE PURPOSE OF NEGOTIATING EDUCATIONAL MATTERS.
To guarantee teachers a duty-free lunch period and plan period under the law.
14. SB400 (Act 495 of 2019) CONCERNING FIREARM NOISE SUPPRESSORS; AND CONCERNING COMPLIANCE WITH THE NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT.
Removes the State prohibition of suppressors for firearms.
15. SB457 (Act 884 of 2019) TO REGULATE THE ADMINISTRATION OF REAL PROPERTY OF THE STATE AND POLITICAL SUBDIVISIONS OF THE STATE.
Provides transparency and accountability regarding state owned real estate.
16. SB524 (Act 888 of 2019) TO AMEND THE LAW CONCERNING ELECTRONIC VOTING EQUIPMENT; AND TO AUTHORIZE THE STATE BOARD OF ELECTION COMMISSIONERS TO PERFORM POST ELECTION AUDITS OF VOTES TABULATED ELECTRONICALLY.
To fight election fraud by providing election transparency and accountability.
17. HB1928 (Act 917 of 2017) - CONCERNING BAIL, BAIL BOND COMPANIES, AND THE PROFESSIONAL BAIL BOND COMPANY AND PROFESSIONAL BAIL BONDSMAN LICENSING BOARD; AND CONCERNING BAIL BONDSMEN EDUCATION AND TRAINING.
Defunded a corruption scheme established by a now incarcerated lobbyist.
18. HB2020 (Act 1087 of 2017) - CONCERNING THE CARRYING AND POSSESSION OF A CONCEALED HANDGUN; AND TO AMEND § 5-73-122.
Prohibited law enforcement officers from being disarmed by liberal judges.
19. HB1176 (Act 1167 of 2015) TO AMEND THE PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION FOR DISABLED VETERANS, SURVIVING SPOUSES, AND MINOR DEPENDENT CHILDREN.
Helped disabled veterans get their tax exemption.
20. HB1177 (Act 409 of 2015) TO CREATE THE NATURAL HAIR BRAIDING PROTECTION ACT.
Deregulated hair braiding as part of commonsense licensing reform.
21. HB1434 (Act 837 of 2015) CONCERNING THE SATISFACTION OF COURT-ORDERED RESTITUTION IN A CRIMINAL CASE THROUGH INTERCEPTION OF STATE INCOME TAX REFUNDS.
Enables the better collection of court ordered fees from individuals convicted of criminal activity.
22. HB1706 (Act 876 of 2015) CONCERNING THE INVESTIGATION AND PROSECUTION OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE OFFENSES WHEN THE VICTIM IS NOT AVAILABLE TO TESTIFY.
Combat Domestic violence by strengthening victimless prosecution.
23. HB1707 (Act 877 of 2015) CONCERNING LAW ENFORCEMENT RESPONSE AND REPORTING DURING THE INVESTIGATION OF AN ACT OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE; TO BE REFERRED TO AS "LAURA'S LAW"
Combat Domestic violence by implementing a lethality assessment to empower the victims.
24. HB1467 (Act 443 of 2013) TO CLARIFY THE PROCEDURE FOR A MEMBER OF THE COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTION COMMISSIONERS TO FILE CERTAIN REPORTS; AND TO DECLARE A DEADLINE FOR FILING CERTAIN REPORTS.
Improved election integrity by requiring a standard of disclosure and transparency for Election Commissioners.